Friday, October 9, 2015

Last weekend

Last weekend was busy. It was also great. Conference weekend makes everything great.

It started off with my kids being out of school on Friday. (well, Jaxon still had school) Then we had a ward activity that night so I planned games all day. I stole these pictures off of facebook because I didn't take pictures. It shows what we did all night. We did the games. Alex was in charge of the ladders game, Jaxon did bowling and Tanner did croquet. (Not sure if I spelled that right.)


Andre and I wandered and helped with the minute to win it tables.

And the ducky pond.
We had a bunch of youth help too. I think the kids had fun.
It was a fun activity. They had a pasta bar and lots of people brought pasta sauce for us all to judge.


Then we had Saturday conference. Crepes for breakfast! The boys got out the castle that they have not played with for years. That was a fun conference activity. 
Conference was great. I love listening to it. We watched it on our computer this year so we were in the livingroom- that was different. But I was mostly listening to in in my bathroom because I gave all the boys and men haircuts during morning session. That was very needed.

The afternoon session the kids got out the Halloween decorations and costumes to put up while they "listened". I will have to listen to those talks again because my children are very distracting. It was also cool to get three new apostles. I can't wait to get to know them better. 

After the afternoon session we went to watch Jaxon at his first competition at Herriman High. We are off to the side because we were not allowed in. I knew they charged to get in to watch the competition- but I didn't know they did not accept credit card. Come on- who does that now days? So we went to the side of the field and watched. It saved us 25 dollars- so that is a plus.


Tanner and Andre and my Dad went to the priesthood session.  (Jaxon didn't get home until after 8:00) It was Tanner's first time to the priesthood session. I did not get a picture of the historic occasion but I wish I did.

Me and the boys cleaned up the incredible mess of Halloween dumped in the livingroom and went to pick up Jaxon. His bus showed up an hour after he was expected. So we watched Studio C on my phone. (note to self- don't go pick him up until he calls you) (note to self- he needs a phone)

Sunday Conference. We had Dutch Baby pancakes. (This is the term we used in my family growing up. They are also called German pancakes in the rest of the world. My oldest children when they were toddlers wouldn't try it until we called it "breakfast cake". So that is what it is called in our house.)

Then we listened to conference. I went through the 72 hour kits and rotated the conference snacks. They are technically emergency snacks, but really they get eaten at conference. The kids really look forward to that. Alex and others were into playing solitaire and clock solitaire as they listened.

After conference we drove up to east Canyon and went on a hike. This is something we do a lot of conferences. This started when we had young kids because Andre and I could listen to conference better if the kids were strapped into their car seats and the babies were sleeping in the car.
We tend to go to the same place because we know it is there and it is usually pretty. We kind of missed the color this year. It is the actual trail taken by the pioneers so that always amazes me. I am glad we don't have to walk across a country now a days. 


Then we listened to part of conference in the car and made it home to watch conference again. I missed seeing my dad's cousin's son speak. I wanted to see what he looked like. Von Keetch- he spoke about sharks in Australia. I remember Aunt Bessie really well from my childhood and this is her grandson (I think). 

After conference we went over to my parents house for a yummy dinner and walk around their new neighborhood. We came back and played some games.

I had to get a picture of Jaxon. He is so often at band practice that I had to prove that he is sometimes with us.


My mom found a funny letter that I wrote typed when I was around nine. She gave it to me that night. We laughed at how lame I was. 
My brother and I had rooms in the basement. My parents would come down and talk to us and say goodnight to us.  I don't remember it being a problem. But I guess my nine year old self was jealous that my parents talked to my brother! Most likely I just wanted to type on the typewriter and had to come up with something to write about. Then I typed that I didn't want to get in trouble for typing this. Then I scribbled it out with pencil. We erased it on Sunday and saw how funny I was. I probably knew how silly it was at the time but I was  ust /    just t   .....

No comments: