Alex had a book report due that he had to decorate a pumpkin like a character.
He also had a piano recital where her dressed and played piano for the other students. I have no picture of this.
Jaxon had band every single day in October except for 2 different Sundays. So there were not many times we could do stuff together. But Monday nights he was home. We went to the corn maze!
Then we came home and decorated the Halloween cookies!
My favorite part of this is what happened the day before. I made the dough and then left for a meeting. I asked Andre if he would help the boys make the cookies and then we would frost them another time.
Well. Andre has always helped when we make cookies but there are always two adults. He said it was crazy and that everyone needed his help at the exact same time.
He is such a great dad to go do such a hard thing. Also- When I came home- he had just finished cleaning up the huge mess that always accompanies making sugar cookies. Such a great guy.
Andre's work had a Halloween party. He was a rapper/hiphop guy.
(He looks like his dad with the mustache)
Jaxon had a band concert. This is totally separate from the marching band. This is the band that he takes during the school day.
Friday was the school parade and class parties.
Andre was home since he was going to St. George. He decided that he would go to the parade since I have gone to every other parade that has been held every year since Jaxon started Kindergarten. Also- None of the classes asked for help this year and I have 2 callings and am helping with a relief society dinner this week- so I didn't contact them to volunteer. (don't worry- I'll help with other class parties) So it was a very weird Halloween for me. Usually it is crazy and I'm at the school all day. But it was really just a regular day for me.
Halloween came!
Jaxon had band every single day in October except for 2 different Sundays. So there were not many times we could do stuff together. But Monday nights he was home. We went to the corn maze!
Then we came home and decorated the Halloween cookies!
My favorite part of this is what happened the day before. I made the dough and then left for a meeting. I asked Andre if he would help the boys make the cookies and then we would frost them another time.
Well. Andre has always helped when we make cookies but there are always two adults. He said it was crazy and that everyone needed his help at the exact same time.
He is such a great dad to go do such a hard thing. Also- When I came home- he had just finished cleaning up the huge mess that always accompanies making sugar cookies. Such a great guy.
Andre's work had a Halloween party. He was a rapper/hiphop guy.
(He looks like his dad with the mustache)
Jaxon had a band concert. This is totally separate from the marching band. This is the band that he takes during the school day.
Friday was the school parade and class parties.
Andre was home since he was going to St. George. He decided that he would go to the parade since I have gone to every other parade that has been held every year since Jaxon started Kindergarten. Also- None of the classes asked for help this year and I have 2 callings and am helping with a relief society dinner this week- so I didn't contact them to volunteer. (don't worry- I'll help with other class parties) So it was a very weird Halloween for me. Usually it is crazy and I'm at the school all day. But it was really just a regular day for me.
Halloween came!
So we had to make our favorite skeleton guy. (I think we forgot to name him this year)
Halloween was on a Saturday this year so my boys got to help make him. They had a lot of fun. Because of the Halloween on a Saturday thing- everything was so much calmer. No rushing around all day and trying to raise dough and make a skeleton while doing lots of Halloween things. All I had to do was make a skeleton. It was nice.
This year we made a different head. This is meat mummy. Oh yea, this is what we named our skeleton guy - meat mummy.
This is what he looks like before you cook him. (onion for eyes and teeth)
This is the after. He is pretty creepy. But tasty!
We had Grandma, Grandpa and Joey come over for dinner. Andre and Jaxon were down in St. George for a Marching Band trip. It was fun to have family over for our dinner.
Then it was time to dress up and go scare up some treats!
Here is our mental patient. He is so scary that we had to put him in a straight jacket.
Here is our Chicken-ator. (He came up with a name something like that- but I can't remember it). He went through the costume boxes and got a bunch of odds and ends that he liked and put them on.
He has a parrot on his shoulder. That is my favorite part of the costume.
He also had a pocket watch. You can see that he safety pinned it on. It is in his pocket so you can't really see it in this picture.
Skeleton man!
This costume is really creepy. There is just something about that face.
He is dead.
They just can't wait until dark! They want to go!
Joey dressed up like me this year and confused all of our neighbors who came trick or treating to our house. And I got to take my boys trick or treating! So of course I took some pictures!
Like I said- creepy!
At one point we ran into Tanner and his friends. He was with most of the 12 year old boys in our neighborhood. (there are a lot of them) I think when I saw them, there were 9 boys in their pack.
Here is a clandestine picture of Tanner. It was really too dark. But I tried.
Halloween was fun and now we have way too much candy.
1 comment:
I love Halloween at your house!
Post a Comment