My children's bedroom window faces East. Every spring they start waking up earlier and earlier. It takes me a while every year to realize that it is the sun that wakes them up. When I decorated their room, I found curtains that matched the decor, but do not block ANY sun. We also have blinds on the window that block the direct rays, but all the light still comes in. So this weekend when we had been up multiple times with multiple children and then at 6:05 the older boys waltzed in to wake us up- I snapped.
That day I went to the fabric store. I bought a very large piece of dark blue and black upholstery fabric. I don't sew, nor do I have a sewing machine. I asked the lady at the fabric store how I could hang it. She suggested these rings that go on your existing curtain rod and they have a clip that can hold onto the fabric.
1/2 hour after I walked in the door from the fabric store, they wer hung. It was 8:00 at night when we went to bed and it was as black as midnight. The curtains don't coordinate with the decor of the room, but... the last two days they have slept until after 7:00!
4 comments:
The sun comes up here at like 5:30 right now, so the kids are up and going really early. They can't read or knit or do crossword puzzles. They have to scream, fight, loud TV, band on pans, etc. Then they're tired and grumpy in the afternoon. Hmmm...
We bought some curtains called "Black out" at Wal-Mart. They are a heavy white fabric that has done a decent job keeping the light and noise out, especially in the summer, when the sun's up so late.
I'm impressed with your motivation at getting that DONE immediately. I'd probably have put it off for a while....cause I'm like that.
--m
Last week when I didnt have to work, I was awake everyday at 6 or 7 because of that sun problem as well. That was not okay with me. So one night I decided to just throw a blanket over the curtain rod. Sure enough it worked! I slept until 9:30! I learned that I would never be able to do that again because I needed the sun to get me going when I started working!
Yay for sleeping past 7!!!
Post a Comment