Monday, May 21, 2007

Seven Things

I was “tagged” to come up with seven things that no one knows about me. I am trying to come up with things that might be interesting and don’t incriminate me for anything. If I only come up with five- that will have to do.

1. In the first grade I had two boyfriends. Byron and Jeff (not a relative by the same name) loved me and they told me this all the time. They told me that I had to choose which one of them would be my boyfriend. I don’t really remember ever choosing one. I think I strung them along just for the attention.

2. I was a girl scout. I think the only reason I did it was for the summer camps. I loved going to the summer camps. I had to sell hundreds of boxes of cookies to pay for those camps. My wonderful patient mother (whom I didn’t appreciate enough until I became a mother) would drive me to neighborhoods all over the valley. She would then sit in the car and watch me go house to house so I would not be kidnapped. She had to do this twice- once to place orders and once to deliver the cookies. I bet she was glad when my sisters didn’t follow my footsteps in the crazy cookie sales lady. (Or did they? I don’t really know)

3. Ok, so that last one wasn’t very interesting. But at the girl scout horse camp I went to -I got to be pretty good by the third year I went. They had the best 10 girls do the closing flag ceremony on horseback on the day the parents came. It was a pretty big deal. Yes it would be a great story if I was one of those. But I was really pleased that I was in the top 20 out of 150 or so girls. One of the relay races was to jump on your horse and ride very fast to the other side and jump off, then shove crackers in your mouth and chew fast enough so that you can blow a whistle. Then ride your horse back. I won that race! So, that wasn’t extremely interesting either. But maybe it was something you didn’t know.

4. I can juggle. I asked Andre what was something about me that no one else knows. So anything he answers will not really qualify. He came up with the juggleing thing. At least HE thinks that it is really impressive. I remember spending a lot of time my sophomore year in college (or junior year, those two years are a little fuzzy) sitting on the floor teaching myself to juggle. I am not very good. But it is a fun thing to do when you are bored.

This is very difficult to think of things.

5. My calling is enrichment leader. Many of you know that about me but I thought I would tell you what we are doing in our enrichment because some of it is interesting. We have the 4 main meetings a year. We had a speaker come in February, we have one coming up in June and a Super Saturday (craft day) in October and we are putting on an adult dinner in December. For mini classes/groups we have the following: scripture study, recipe club nights, walking groups, park days, FHE packet group, scrap booking nights, and an exercise group. I basically coordinate all of those and it gets really confusing sometimes. People have asked me to start a book club and a service group. I really don’t know what to say because I don’t have the time to do it! Anyone have any Super Saturday ideas?

I talk too much, I tell everyone, everything about me. So there is nothing to say!

6. I tend to schedule two (or more) things at the same time. For some reason I will say yes to everything, thinking I have nothing else going on. Case in point. I had a little play-date for Alex for his birthday. I didn’t want it to be a big deal, just get the little one year olds over to play. I had planned this for weeks. Then I told my sister that I could be at her house helping her move that morning. Then I told my friend that I could baby sit her kids that morning. While I was on the phone with her I realized my mistake so I didn’t baby sit. I called my sister and I went in the afternoon. So it all worked out. But I do that kind of thing constantly. Andre calls me the most disorganized-organized person that he knows. I can plan big events, I can organize all the kids toys, I can keep other random things organized, but not my schedule.

7. When I was in 5th grade I had a good friend that was not LDS. It never bothered me and it never really crossed my mind except occasionally when she would swear or she would tell me about her trips to Lagoon on Sunday. But she was nice and we had fun. That was all that mattered. One day she dared me to swear. She kept bugging me and telling me that it was no big deal and I was lame if I didn’t. At this point in my life I realize how insignificant saying one ugly word is. But then I remember feeling like I would go to hell if I swore one time. Well, I succumbed to the pressure and I said one word just to get her to leave me alone. That was probably the only time I have ever felt the need to swear. But I am glad she wasn’t bothering me to smoke or drink! (I really don’t think I would have succumbed to the pressure of something else. But you never know!)

That is all the boring things that you might not know about me. Sorry that it is not more interesting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janelle you are avery interesting person. I could say more but that would give away all your secrets or at least the ones I know about. M

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing that! I learned a lot about you. I can't believe you said ONE swear word in 5th grade!!! And I went to a girl scout horse-back riding camp, too. But only one year. It was a lot of fun. And I have always wanted to juggle, but have never spent the time to do it, so I'm impressed with that one! :)

Anonymous said...

I was a girl scout too!