Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good Job Jaxon!


Jaxon had his 2nd grade awards assembly/ Talent show yesterday. Jaxon got a lot of awards because of his hard work. Some of the awards were for stuff he did in the classroom that I didn't know about. Some were things that he did at home because he wanted to get those awards. We are proud of you Jaxon!



Jaxon decided to play the piano for the talent portion of the program. He practiced for weeks. He chose a really long song because it was a fun one that mimiced the sound of a train. (He even had it memorized but I told him to take the music just in case.) Jaxon did really really well. During the performance he started singing the words to the song. I thought it was really cute. The teacher stopped him in the middle of the song so that she could try to get the microphone near his mouth. This was not necessary but she was trying to be helpful. But the microphone thing would not reach and I don't think that it helped at all. In fact I don't think anyone in the audience even knew he was singing. Then he started again and was going great when she stopped him again to get the microphone closer. All that did was send a large amount of feedback into the room and everyone yelled- including Chase. There I was with a screaming baby and trying to videotape Jaxon's performance. Good thing Grandma was there to take the still pictures. Jaxon didn't care at all about the interuptions so it turned out great anyway. Second grade has been fun for Jaxon!

1 comment:

Joey said...

Sometimes teachers make everything harder than it should be.