Monday, June 30, 2008

Let me count the ways

In honor of Andre’s 35th birthday today, I came up with 35 reasons I love him. These are not in any order other than how I thought of them. There are many, many more reasons I love him but I didn’t have room.


1 He is funny. He regularly makes me laugh.

2 He can tune out all the kids constant noise so it doesn’t make him crazy.

3 He always takes his scriptures to church. He shares them with me in Sunday school because I never have mine.

4 He is a great partner in the game- Compatibility. We almost always win (no we don't cheat).

5 He loves to be with his family. We are his priority.

6 He is kind and patient.

7 He never criticizes my experimental meals. He eats everything with a smile. (Later he might suggest that that not become a staple meal). In fact he never criticizes anything about me even with my shortcomings.

8 He likes to play games and he does not let me win (so when I do it is awesome). He lets the kids think they won (most of the time) so they have fun.

9 We can always talk about everything. He may be doing most of the listening, but that is part of conversing.

10 He is fun to be with and always willing to try new things.

11 He is good at his job and puts his whole effort into doing what needs to be done.

12 He is willing to try my ideas (moving furniture around, schedules for the kids, gardening plans, etc…) even if it makes more work for him.

13 His name rhymes.

14 He is extremely practical but he knows when it is more important to have fun than be practical.

15 His opinions are usually well thought out and worth taking.

16 He loves sports (to play and watch). But they do not take over our family life.

17 He is a talented and aggressive soccer player. He is constantly making the other players mad because he guards them too well. I see a whole different side to Andre when I watch his games.

18 Although we may disagree about something, he does not ever argue or fight about who is right. Even though he thinks he is.

19 He has a beautiful singing voice. I love to hear his voice when he is performing, singing the hymns at church or even singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider.

20 He plays with the kids. He is their favorite toy.

21 He has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ.

22 He can eat a 5 quart tub of ice cream in one week.

23 He does do windows.

24 He is a great example for our kids. They only see good things coming from him. He never has to say, “do what I say, not what I do.”

25 He is my memory. He will remind me of plans that I have made or things that I wanted to do or that we need to take the treats to the soccer game.

26 His favorite otter pop color is pink.

27 He is always hot. This comes in handy in the winter when I am always cold.

28 He is usually as tired as I am.

29 He likes road trips (in theory, not with multiple kids).

30 He likes my family and enjoys being around them as much as I want to be.

31 He eats the crusts of the bread loaf for his sandwiches.

32 He does not have “gender” issues when it comes to household chores. He cleans bathrooms, washes the dishes, and takes the garbage out and mows the lawn.

33 He is a morning person. He gets up early and accomplishes a lot. This is the opposite of me.

34 He loves me.

35 He is always my favorite person in the room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about each of these 35 things. I have seen them in him for a long time and they seem to be a natural part of his personality. I am happy and proud to have him as one of my sons. Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow- I'm glad that my daughter married such a great guy. We are really glad that Andre is in our family. Happy Birthday Andre.

John and Laura said...

What a fun list! I learned a little about him, too. Happy Birthday, Andre!

Anonymous said...

My name rhymes too. RaNae Bartlomé. Cheri, André's mom, laughed all the way to our open house in Centerville. It tickled her that my name rhymed.

What a clever idea to list 35 ideas.