Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Can't Think of a Title

Some kids pester their parents with questions that are impossible to answer. Tanner has answered one of those questions for me. Today in the car he said, “Do you know why the sky is blue?” Of course I said no. He said with full confidence, “So we can’t see heaven.”

So if you were wondering why the sky is blue- don’t wonder any more.

We went to the doctor today for Alex’s 2 year old visit. You have to understand a couple of things about Alex first. He loves his shoes. (When he says shoes it sounds like he is saying “yoise”). He loves shoes because when we get shoes on he gets to go somewhere and he loves to get out of this house. He also throws tantrums multiple times during the day for things that you would never foresee. He wants his shirt off, so you take it off, he wants it on, you put it on, all the while he is screaming. You just never know.

So at the doctor today they wanted to weigh him. They wanted him to take his shoes off. That is a reasonable request. But two year olds are not reasonable. So after trying unsuccessfully to weigh him with his shoes off, (picture weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth) we put them back on and weighed him. I actually weighed the shoes so the nurse could subtract the weight from Alex’s weight but I don’t think she understood why I did that. Oh well. Then of course we are supposed to take off his shirt and pants for the doctor to examine him. Well he was not amused with that. I had forgotten to bring any bribery things with us so I had to tell him that we would go and get fries if he would take his clothes off and he was good. So when the doctor came in she laughed because Alex was wearing a diaper and shoes. Some things are not worth fighting over.

I am not even going to describe the fun times we had when he had his vaccinations.

Yesterday Tanner wore a cowboy outfit all day. Why not? He wanted to and we have one. I need to get him a cowboy hat. At the end of the day Tanner was at a neighbors playing. Then he came home and was standing by me for a while. Then he came over and touched my hand. He was freezing! Then he said that he fell into a pool. That was when I noticed that he was wet. Tanner wants me to say that he is 4 years old. His birthday is in 2 ½ months and he will be 5. So now it is June 11th and it is downright chilly. I think the high will be about 55 degrees. I really should not complain because I am not in the mood for HOT. But again, 70’s would be nice.

We went to the “Biggest Park in Utah”. It is probably not- but we have names for all the parks we go to. The firestation park, the excercise park, the wood park etc... When it was first built, the news said that was the biggest playground area. So it was officially named by us. It is a really fun climb-y, slide-y place. The older two boys played hide and seek. Alex got into a pattern of climbing up the same stairs and walking the same way to get to the same slide and doing it over and over. I even put Chase in a baby swing and he enjoyed that for a while. The worst part was that an ice cream truck came into the park and parked right by our car and didn’t leave. We waited for a while but we were having meltdowns by multiple children so we had to go. Then we had to say no to ice creams about 200 times. Why do they think we will change our minds if they annoy us more?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fun day for the boys at the park. Too bad grandma wasn't there, she would have gotten ice cream for everyone. Tell Tanner thank-you for telling us why the sky is blue- that has been a life time question for everyone. M

John and Laura said...

I love your stories! And I HATE ice cream trucks!! Luckily, my kids don't know what they are yet, but I hate their dumb song they play as they drive around our neighborhood. I'm such a party pooper, I know. And I'm cheap.

And Tanner is such a smartie! So glad to finally have a good answer to that sappy Girls Camp song (something about why the sky is blue and how much I love you or something--do you know that one?).

John and Laura said...

And what better way to title a post--love it!

Joey said...

I think you should tell them that when the Icecream truck plays music it means it is out of icecream.