Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More Randomness

Tanner likes to pray. In his prayers he almost always prays that Jesus will feel better. After many times of him praying for this I asked him why he said that. “Because he is nice and does everything for us and stuff.” What a sweetie.

I asked Tanner to help me deliver thank you notes. Yes these are the notes that should have been delivered 4 ½ months ago since Chase was born 5 months ago. But I kept putting it off. Then I just did it. I told myself I had to get them out on or before June 20th. I did it! (I found a few thank you notes from Alex’s birth that I had written and even addressed but not mailed and he was one at the time. I do try but I don’t succeed all the time.) Anyway, back to the point. Tanner and Jaxon have helped me lots of time delivering things. So he knows the drill. I sit in the car with the babies and he runs to the door. We got to the first door and the people were not home. I see him knock and wait, then try again and I think he would continue knocking indefinitely. So I yelled to him from the curb, “Just put it down by the door and come back.” He looked at me with a confused expression. Then HE sat down by the door. I laughed and laughed. He tries so hard to please me but he only heard part of what I said.

Last weekend the boys got to set up the tent and have a sleep over in the back yard with dad. As much as I wanted to sleep on the ground, I had to stay inside with Alex and Chase. Andre said that he was surprised by how much sleep he actually got because he never sleeps well even with good sleeping conditions. But the one thing that surprised him was that the golf course sprinklers came on in the night and with the angle of the tent, he got wet. So he had to get up and shut the window of the tent. But the kids loved it. As you can see from the picture we have two extremely wild men. Tanner came upstairs wearing those pajamas as seen in the picture because “I want to be really warm”. Ok, some things are not worth fighting about.

Well it is time for me to start a diet. Oh I mean not a diet- a healthier way of eating. If I call it a diet it makes me grouchy. I tell myself I am being healthier so I have a better chance to succeed. I will probably start Weight Watchers again because it helps keep me on track. Jaxon will like that. He loves to figure out how many points are in everything and he loves to read the nutrition box thing to see how many vitamins are in everything. He is just a curious and an “interested in everything” kid.

Last night we went to dinner at the Bartlome’s. During dinner Jaxon ate a ton of food. (mostly because they love their grandkids and made a separate meal that the kids like- hot dogs and fries.) There was also corn on the cob. Jaxon and Tanner both ate a lot of corn and surprised their grandparents who have never seen either one of them eat anything. So we were commenting that Jaxon has all of a sudden become a big eater and it is showing us a preview of what our family will become when we have 4 teenage boys. Jaxon said that he wants to gain weight. He has said this a lot lately but last night we asked him why he wants to gain weight. He said, “So I can go on Weight Watchers.” After about falling off my chair in laughter I told him that he can count points now. He just can not have a limit of how many points he can have. I know that is all he wants- to figure out the points. If only I could get him interested in his homework…

Something funny happened last week during sacrament meeting. I was holding the baby and Alex was on Andre’s lap. The water of the sacrament came down our row. I handed it to Andre who helped Alex get his drink. Then he tried to get a drink for himself. Alex seeing his chance, grabbed another cup. He was so proud of himself that he kept smiling and saying, “two, two, two dinks, two, two…) Remember this was the quietest time of the meeting and Alex really has a hard time being quiet.


Chase is having a hard time nursing. It seems that every little noise that his brothers make is far more interesting then filling his tummy. I thought that he would eat well in the mothers room at church. It is fairly quiet there. Oh no. the wall was fascinating to Chase. He had to look at it, feel it, do anything but eat. It drives me crazy, but he is cute so maybe I will forgive him.

Tonight Alex came to me with a marker without a lid. He was asking me for paper. So I gave him one and we went on a hunt for the lid. Why he has the marker in the first place is a mystery to me. But that is what happens when you have older siblings that like to use markers but not put them away. We went to ask dad, Jaxon and Tanner if they knew where the lid was. They had no idea. Alex colored on his paper for a while. When he was done I had him look for the lid. He went right for dad. He said "Lid there" and tried to put his hand down Andre's shirt. That was funny that he insisted that the lid was down there. Why would he think that? Alex was insisting that the lid was down Andre's shirt. Then Andre stood up and the lid fell out of his shirt! Andre has no idea how it got there.

Overheard: “Dad, I want to play with you.” “OK Tanner, what do you want to play?” “I want to play checkers or chest.”

As I was typing this, Jaxon came in and said to me, “Is it ok if I show you how to make cement tree rocks?” I asked him what cement tree rocks were. He looked at me funny and said, “I said, sedimentary rocks.” So that intrigued me. I had to know. He had powdered chocolate milk on a plate. He explained how rivers flowed into the lake (of powdered milk). Then dinosaurs and fish died in the mud (toothpicks and those little brads were added.) Then he explained how the water was evaporated to make “cement tree rocks”. And now you know.



So those are the funny/lame/mildly amusing things of the week.

2 comments:

Joey said...

I love reading your blogs they crack me up! I usually end up laughing out loud!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a hard copy of all these blogs.I don't have faith that computer stuff will be there forever. Remembering how sweet and clever your kids are in the future will be well worth a pound of gold or more.