We have had a lot of fun with this activity. (I would not recommend doing it like I did- going somewhere every day was too tiring.) Here is a rundown of the last week and a half. This is only the activities we did. We also earned points by doing extra jobs, trying new sports like tennis, practising catching footballs, doing math facts all break, etc...
My boys hate tacos. One thing that I wanted them to do was to try a new food. We pulled into Taco Time and they had to eat a taco for a point. Guess what? No one died, threw up, or passed out. They ate it pretty good. Tanner liked his. Jaxon ate his with little problem, but still says that he didn't like it. This was a busy day so we went to a park afterwards and called it good.
The Stake had a Father-Son campout. Because it was in a cabin with lots of people, we decided that Alex would stay home. So Jaxon and Tanner had so much fun with dad. They hiked, canoed, played games and didn't get much sleep.
We had so much fun at the Great Salt Lake. (Yes, I am in a picture!) There was a little "island" about 20 feet from shore that we kind of played on. This is good because the Great Salt Lake is not the cleanest lake. You kind of want to avoid the three feet along the shore. And there are lots of flies near the beach. So on this little island we had none of these issues.




The water is so low that you have to walk about 7 minutes to even get to the water. (If you are planing on doing this, don't bring a stroller with small wheels, it won't work so well- sandy and muddy in areas.) We didn't bring any towels or change of clothes. So our car got dirty on the way home. I didn't really think we would end up in the water. I don't know why I didn't think that. So if you go- be more prepared.
Then we made our way down to Provo. The Bean Museum is actually really fun for kids. It is like a zoo with the animals really close to you. But the animals don't move.



After the bean Museum we made our way down to campus. I talked Jaxon into buying a BYU shirt even though he says he is a Utah fan. We had lunch at the Cougar Eat, and explored campus a bit. These pictures are playing with the BYU football and basketball that we got.

Campus has really changed in the 12 years since I went there. The weirdest thing was seeing where Deseret Towers was. (that was the place that I lived in my freshman year and worked at my Junior year). The towers were torn down. It was sad to see. I wonder what they are plaing on doing there.
Then we made our way down to Provo. The Bean Museum is actually really fun for kids. It is like a zoo with the animals really close to you. But the animals don't move.
We went to Gardener village. The older boys bought Webkins stuffed animals there so we had to rush home and play the computer games that go with them.





We went to dad's work. The kids love to go there. 
Yesterday we took dad on one of our adventures. We had to answer the question "What is the tallest building in Utah?" So we headed down to the Church Office Building. It was closed being a Saturday- but we thought it might be closed. We had fun exploring the East block of The church owned properties downtown. We went up the Joseph Smith Memorial building and saw the view, saw lots of fountains, and ran around a lot.
Then to the north east of the church office building is a fun little park area. It is where City Creek comes down into the city and goes under ground (or something- I don't really know). They have a fun park way and sidewalks, and bridges running all the way up to Memory Grove.
We have now earned all our points so we get to do something fun tomorrow. We don't know what we can do that will top the last three weeks.
6 comments:
What a fun time, now the boys won't want to go back to school!! But you deserve the break of the kids in school.
You know, I think I've only been out to the Great Salt Lake twice.
Thx for sharing.
Wow- what a mom. You deserve a pat on the back! ! ! What a bunch of background information your boys have in their little minds. just think how much they know compared to children that just sat and watched cartoons for the last three weeks. Tomorrow you need to put both little ones down for a nap/ quiet time and have a REST.
Dad says
All I can say is "may I volunteer to be one of your kids"? It sounds so fun to be a kid at your house. What a mom you are!!!
I cant believe how much energy you have. What a good mom you are.
Wow! I am tired just reading about all this frantic activity. Are the boys all excited to go to BYU in a few years? Or will it be the U of U?
I feel like I need a nap! :) How fun! I'm glad that your trip to the Salt Lake was better this time! :)
Post a Comment