Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Points

We have done a few more points this last week. I don't want to be posting everyday so I am combining our outings. I do want to point out that this is not normal. I am usually content to stay home and let babies nap. However we are now in the "only one kid naps" stage and we can work around that. This is also out of my comfort zone to take all of them to places that I have never been to. It is just fabulous that Chase is old enough to eat regular food and enjoy exploring. We will not go somewhere exciting everyday this summer, but it is fun for now (and also exhausting.)

So here are our outings.

Hogle Zoo:
I bought a pass for this so we could go whenever we want. It is just fun to wander around and see the animals. I asked a question about the camels because we rarely even go see them. Chase's favorite place was the small animal house. (Too bad it is hot and stinky in there.)



Kennecott:
This is about 10 minutes from our house. There is a 5 dollar fee for the family but it counts as "really cheap". It is fun to see the trucks and the huge tire. It would be cooler to see a truck up close- but oh well. There is a visitors center that was fun to explore.




Wheeler Farm:
I love this place. I have taken the kids here A LOT. But it is fun to wander and explore. There are little tree houses that the kids like to play in, trees they like to climb, and we have discovered trails to hike. This year they have added lots of new animals. I had asked them about the pigs. While we were looking at the pigs, the farmers came to move one of the pigs into a trailer. So that was fun to watch. The pig did NOT want to go in the trailer and it made it really interesting. It was screaming and trying to get away. Then it almost did get away and scared all the kids that were watching. It was the most exciting visit I have ever had at Wheeler Farm.






Conservation Gardens:
This is not too far from home. We went here last summer and it was fun but really small. We saw that there were going to expand it this summer so we went to check it out. It is fun. It teaches you how to conserve more water in your gardens. It shows soils, ground covers, and what kind of plants grow well in Utah. I was surprised to see this cute little sand box.




Isn't that the funniest face on Alex? It looks like he is about to bawl. He was perfectly happy. I just caught him in the middle of a weird face!
We have also been earning other points. We have our trip points that I talk about in the blog, but they can also earn points by doing things that I want them to do, like do extra reading, eat a food that they don't usually like, help one of their brothers, etc... I have also awarded points after I have witnessed them doing something unusually nice or helpful. They have earned 13 points. We have 12 more days until off- track time is over so they better hurry up!

3 comments:

Chelita said...

Have I mentioned to you what a great idea this is?! I love it and it looks like your kids are loving it too! It seems like we never do the things that are right around our houses and your kids are getting the experience of actually doing them! I love it!

RaNae said...

They need 39 points? And only have 13 points with 12 days left? Ya, you're right, they need to hurry.

I love the pictures & hearing about the adventures.

Cathryn said...

I'm glad you made it to Kennecot since it is so close to where you live. That big tire looks familiar. I have a few pictures of it with the kids, but I guess those pictures did not get included in my blog about the things we did when the kids were in Utah. I think you should get 13 extra bonus points for taking your kids to all these fun places!! Does that count?