Saturday, May 16, 2009

We Are Gardeners

We decided to have a garden. First we had to rip out the grass in our yard. This was not easy. Our ground is FULL of roots You can not even dig down 2 inches without hiting a root or a rock.
Did you know that there are tons of bugs when you rip out your grass? Alex and Tanner put them all in our bug catcher.






Then we put down black stuff and placed our garden boxes where we wanted them.



Then we got dirt! It was very nice dirt but heavy. The kids liked it. It made their feet very black. And other parts of them got black too.



Tanner and Jaxon went to the back to spread the dirt out. They did a great job.
Jaxon was so into planting the vegetables. He learned how to do it and he is so excited for them to grow.
Yeah for gardens! Yes the boys got tons of points for helping with this.

7 comments:

RaNae said...

Now, that's the kind of garden I want. Glad the kids earned some points, looks like they deserved them.

Mom said...

You are a great gardner. I remember your giant pumpkins. I hope this dirt is as great as the dirt at your other house. Oh, was that radioactive? Anyway I'm glad everyone got points. I hope Andre and you got mega points too.

Anonymous said...

Dad says
Thanks for the pictures of the preparation stage. It looks like all the boys were enjoying the "work" most of the time. Now for the waiting to come to fruition and having the boys just love the vegetables. Now where is your faith?

Michelle said...

I am impressed! It looks great! This makes me excited to ahve my own house one day.

Markie said...

I love it!

Cathryn said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of work. I'm sure you will all enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of your labor by the end of the summer. Are you going to plant a peach tree? I remember those peaches from your tree at your old house were so good!

Jefferson said...

your garden looks great. I miss having a garden- I wonder if I could do something like that in my yard?