Sunday, May 31, 2009

reading the scriptures

This morning I found this website. I thought it was cool and wanted to pass it along.

www.readthescriptures.com

I tend to read the emails that come to my inbox. I read my blogs. I read my facebook page. But I struggle "finding the time" to read the scriptures. I just forget. So this site sends me an email with the days scripture chapter. I can read it or listen to it. Then tomorrow it sends me the next chapter. Today it took 6 minutes for it to read the first chapter. If I have the time to spend 10 minutes on facebook (at least), 10 minutes on blogs (multiple times a day) and however many minutes on email, then I have the time to read 6 minutes a day before all of that.

I don't think this will take the place of my scripture reading altogether but it will help. I just thought it was cool and I should share.

4 comments:

John and Laura said...

I like this site! Funny how our priorities get whacked sometimes. Good for you!

Mom said...

Thanks for the idea.

RaNae said...

What a clever idea. I had to highlight, copy & paste the link though because clicking on it brings you right back to your site. My only problem is I don't check my email.

Joey said...

I thanks for posting this. I am the same way. I have good intentions but am easily distracted.