Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chase

As noted before I wrote a very long and funny post about my 4th son Chase. He is hysterical. But I have a brain problem. I can't remember the things he says for very long. So I started to write them down. I wrote my original post before the virus ate everything on our computer. So I started again. But this time my writing things down didn't go so well, I can't ever find the papers that I write them on. I am not near paper when he is so funny, or I tell myself that I would never forget that, it was SOOO funny. Ya, I forget it instantly. So... here is my attempt at showing you a little bit of Chase's personality.


Chase loves worms and bugs. This is one of his favorite things about being outside. He likes to talk for the bugs and tell me all about how they miss their mommy or that they want to go be in the dirt or random other things that they like.

Chase is obsessed with punching, hitting, banging etc... He breaks more toys then all of my other kids combined when they were his age. He is just more physical or something. If there is music playing he with throw punches in the air as he spins around dancing and calls it his "punching song". In the sand box he loves to make a pile of sand and then punch it down. He gets so happy when he gets to punch. (He hasn't punched people yet- hopefully he won't.) Last night he was in charge of the FHE lesson. We opened the friend magazine and found a picture of a boy doing pole vaulting and there was a scripture about how Christ helps you find strength to do hard things. So Chase told the scripture then we talked about it. Chase was so excited to talk about being strong. He was up on our coffee table making his strong muscles. He was like a body builder at a competition, doing all kinds of muscle moves. It was hysterical.

He has to do things by himself. This is good, but it takes a LOT longer. Socks on- "I can do it!" Feed himself- yes even if he eats spaghetti with his hands. Today he combed his own hair. He wouldn't let me do it. "Mom, I need a new style." How does he even know that phrase?


He is crazy. His favorite being crazy pal is Alex. They can be SOO loud.

This is "Thumbs up!" He hasn't quite figured out which one is his thumb apparently.


I wanted to take this picture to show that he has a new room. He and Alex switched rooms just because. He is holding his favorite blanket- "Ballwankie." He also has his pillow pet, whom he named.... "Pillow Pet-y"

This is how the combing of the hair turned out. I love this picture. Alex in the background is awesome.


We were in sacrament meeting. Chase is always so tired in sacrament meeting- The last few months he has fallen asleep Hallelujah! (My only kid to EVER do that in church. It's weird that he just started doing it). I was rocking him trying to get him to be tired enough to fall asleep. He was groggy and was looking up at me and I was smiling at him. He said, "Mom, your teeth are like, 10 feet long!"

Chase was eating his dinner. All my kids like spaghetti so we eat it a lot. Chase said to me, "Mom, this is SO good! This is so good, it tastes like French Toast!"

We watched a show on space a few weeks ago. He has been obsessed about meteors ever since. Everything that is kind of a rock shape, or anything in the sky that he does not know what it is- is a meteor. However he can't say meteor, or he does not want to say meteor. So this is a conversation from a couple of days ago. He made a picture of something and showed it to me, so excited. "Mom, this is a meteoroid!" "Wow, Chase, that is a great meteor." "Mom! It is not a meteor, it is a meteor-ROID!" Andre in the back ground said, I have never heard of a combination meteor and hemorrhoid- weird.

Chase is always right. See story above for evidence. The great part is that he tells me all the time. He was brought to me during Relief Society because he needed his diaper changed. (This is another Chase thing- He always needs his diaper changed during church- Always. Every week. Without fail) So we were walking to the car and I said to Chase, "I hope there is a diaper in the car." I pack the diaper bag FULL of stuff every week- forget the diapers most of the time. That is why I keep a stash in the car. Chase didn't say anything to me, but when we got to the car and there were diapers there, he had a lot to say. "I TOLD you mom, I was right and you were wrong. I told you!"

Another example of how he told me. (except he never tells me, he just tells me that he told me.) We were on a walk and we were counting the houses to our friends house. No reason to do this except that they would know how many houses away their friend lived. So we got to the end and we found out that it was seven. Chase said, "I told you it was Seven! I told you!"

At Church another week, Chase was falling asleep. You know that stage when you are in-between awake and asleep? He was in that stage. I was so excited that he was falling asleep, and that Sacrament meeting would not be so hectic. But not looking forward to my arms falling off and my back hurting from holding a sleeping 3 1/2 year old through sacrament meeting. All of a sudden his eyes popped open. He looked at me and said, "Mom, your face is turning green!" I said something like, "I will wash it when we get home". Then he looked at me and said, "Never mind" and then he fell asleep again.

Chase has a wish. He wishes for this thing at least every day. He will look at me and say in a sweet little voice, "Mom, I wish I had a pony".

He wants to be big. He talks about how big he is getting every day. I feel bad that he is the youngest because he will be the smallest for a loooong time. He was eating lunch and I commented that he was getting so grown up. He said, "Yep, that's cause I eat good and I'm growning and growning. I eat a lot- A LOT!" He really says "a wot" so it is even cuter).

He loves to do tricks. But he has to have an audience. I have to watch him jump and punch in the air and twist jump onto the couch. He runs the fastest- I get to watch him. He usually has sound effects as he does these things- "Da da da duh."

Chase said something the other day about if something happened then he would die. I said to him, "Don't die, I would miss you very much!" He didn't even think about it for a second. He said, "Don't worry mom, you can die too and come and be with me!"

My Chase is stub-born. I think all 3 year olds are. The other day I was trying to teach him how to use scissors the right way. Up til now he grabbed the scissors with 2 hands and just wacked away at the paper. You can't really cut for real when you do that. So I got really excited and told him that I was going to teach him a big boy thing. He got excited too. I showed him how to put the scissors on one hand. That was when the weeping and wailing started. "No, I do it this way!" Stubborn hands folded, "No, I won't do it. I do it my way, don't help me". After a while and we were both getting frustrated, I tried to bribe him. I got out some candy and said I would give him some if he just tried it one time. Finally he caved in and did it- only because I got out the candy. I showed him how you hold the paper with the other hand and you can cut across on a straight line. You should have seen the excitement this brought to his face. The tantrum was gone and he had learned a big boy thing. I wish I didn't have to go through the tantrums to get him to try things.

When I am taking pictures Chase likes to say, "I am ready for my close up." I don't really know where he got this saying or if he knows what that means.

Chase is always talking about his X-ray vision. "I can see it because of my x-ray vision. I have the strongest eyes."

"Don't look at me" If Chase says this, make sure you look at him because he wants to get away with something.

We were on a little hike and all of a sudden Chase gives a little giggle. I asked him what was funny. He said, "There is somebody in my head that was funny!"

He hurt his finger and he started crying and said, "It's blinking red!"

He was feeling his chest and got excited because he could "feel his heart beep".

So that is all I can think of right now. I think the other blog was funnier- but I can't remember what those things were- so maybe I am wrong. I know he does really funny things constantly so this is ongoing. We love the comic relief that he brings.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Just checking if this comment works.

G'ma Y said...

Such a cutie. We 're glad that he is our grandson so we always have someone to keep us laughing.

Cathryn said...

Trying again. It's great to have a comedian in the family. The "I'm ready for my close up" quote comes from an old movie -Sunset Boulevard - that even you are way too young to remember. It's even before my time, but I like old movies. How does he know that one?

Layne Bushell said...

Way cute stories! I love what 3 and 4 year olds say!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh my heck that kid is a character. What a cutie!

I think the "ballwankie" might have been my favorite. Ever told you how my niece named her stuffed animal "Boobis" ? My sister's like, um, no. You cannot call it 'Boobis'.

p.s. we have a ton of spaghetti over here too, for the same reason.