Friday, April 25, 2014

Minecraft

Have you ever played Minecraft? Alex has. Many times. He loves it. When it came time for his 8th birthday, this was the perfect theme for Alex.

This is Steve. He is the main character of Minecraft. When you play Minecraft, you are Steve. I think. (I am not positive on all elements of Minecraft since I have not ever played.)  Since Alex loves Minecraft, He got lots of Minecraft things to play with as his gifts, then we used them for his party. 

We had to defend ourselves from a Creeper that was loose in our house. It was fun!

The boys had so much fun trying to knock him down.

This is the mineral station. Minecraft is all about getting materials and building with them.

I had these little colored glass things and I decided that they could be the ore that the kids searched for. (I know they are not square. The kids did not complain or even notice.
Is Lapis Lazuli a real thing or did Minecraft make it up? 


We hid them all over the backyard. The kids had fun looking everywhere for them. We didn't really hide them but because they were so small, they were hard to find.


Then they sorted them into the correct cups.


Then we had a pinata of a cow that Steve had to attack. Tanner came up with a story of why we had to attack the cow. But really it was because they don't make Pinatas of Minecraft and there ARE cows in minecraft- so I got it.

It was so much fun seeing them with the huge Steve head on.

Then we were hungry. So we had to gather all the ingredients for cake. They were hidden all over the front yard. We had a treasure hunt to find them.

They would read the clue and RUN to the next place.

The had to bring the items to the Crafting table. They "craft" in Minecraft.


And... poof a Cake appeared. This is what a Minecraft cake looks like.
 

The table looked like this. These were Minecraft toys that Alex got for his birthday 
(Papercraft- and he made them by folding and attaching.)
 

This is with everyone at the table. 

Playing with the Papercraft and the Steve head.

Opening presents.

Goofing around.

All the kids with the Creeper.
 

 The kids got to take home a creeper goodie bag.
 

It was over and it was fun!

Chase was at a different birthday party at the same time. We was really sad to miss the games. Soooo, Chase's nice brothers did the games with him again!


3 comments:

G'ma Y said...

What a fun party. your props are amazing

Carie said...

I love this! I might have to steal this idea since my kids are obsessed with Minecraft... ALL of them, even Nathan. He programs "mods" for Minecraft. I think that's what he does - I don't actually understand it no matter how hard I try. But he has taught himself all sorts of programming, so I'm ok with it.

Jill said...

Ok- that settles it- You are officially my party planner. The birthday parties you do are amazing and so creative! How are we from the same gene pool! haha :) That Mask thing you did it incredible. It is just paper, yet plays tricks on my eyes! Love it!