Alex turns eight in 2 weeks. There were 3 boys whose birthdays are this month and will start scout right after the pinewood derby. As leaders we wanted them to start out scouts with something super fun and invited them to do the race early. So Alex got to do his first pinewood derby.
Alex got the blue cub scout shirt from his brother Tanner and Tanner got the small scout shirt from his brother Jaxon. I have to buy a shirt that Jaxon can fit into but I have not done that yet. But I didn't take Jaxon's patches off yet so it looks like Tanner is a Life scout.
Here we are waiting for the race to start. There was a lot of waiting. But it was fun.
Here is Chase waiting
Here is Tanner's car: It was called Silver Spike
Alex made a Skateboard. It's name was orange board.
After the race they were racing them on the ground a lot.
I only took a few pictures during the actual race because I thought the race would be longer and I would have lots of chances for pictures. The pictures I did take are not great. But here they are.
Alex
Tanner
But here are pictures of after the race when they got to race their cars as many times as they wanted. This was the fun part.
Tanner:
Alex:
The boys and their cars and their new scout shirts.
Here is everyone!
1 comment:
I remember going to John's pinewood derby. So much fun!
Post a Comment