Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Break!

The kids had a week off of school for Easter.
Andre worked Monday-Wednesday and we decided not to go anywhere so I wanted to do a lot of things to make it fun.
We went to Lagoon on Saturday. We went all day. It was so fun and so tiring. I'm glad it closes at 7:00 in the spring so we didn't feel like we had to stay late. It was perfect.

Here are the kids on Colossus. I know- you can't really see them.

... and some of the kids on the Tidal Wave. Love those rides.


During the week we still had the usual stuff- soccer, lacrosse, piano, scouts, more soccer, scouts and lacrosse, so we were busy every night. But we did not have homework every night so it seemed less busy.

On Monday we saw the Captain America movie with my dad and that night we decorated eggs- I already had a blog about that. The kids also had a lot of screen time- their favorite.

On Tuesday we spent time with my mom and she bought the boys new spring shirts. They love them. We also made Easter shaped cookies.

On Wednesday I had made dentist appointments for the boys. That was not a highlight of the week- but no one had cavities! So- good for me. Then we had a friend afternoon and we went to a new park near our house.


 

Thursday Andre was finally off work. We went to see a movie that the boys have been begging to see- Mr Peabody and Sherman. It was really cute. Then the boys and their dad went swimming. I had tons to do so I stayed home and got tons done. 

Friday we went on a hike. It is still too cold in the mountains so we went to a place that is on my list of stuff to do but that I had not done- hiking in Dimple Dell canyon. The one that runs right down the middle of Sandy. It was a fun hike. Really steep to get in to the canyon and really steep out of it- but great down in the middle. It was pretty but I'm sure it will be prettier when the leaves are on the trees.

Jaxon loved this hike. There were bugs "everywhere" and horse poop in some areas and he could not stop talking about it.
Me and da boyz.
The three younger boys walked down the middle of the dry stream bed for most of the hike.
 

Then it was Saturday. Traditionally the Easter Bunny comes this day in our house. The boys looked and looked for their eggs. Some of them were a little hard to find. It took almost an hour.
but the pay-off was sweet.
Egg on the door!
Opening the eggs over your mouth and letting the candy fall into your mouth was in style this year.
 

Then we got ready and drove to Roy for Tanner's first lacrosse game. He has improved a lot this year and he got the ball a lot more. It is still hard to get pictures of the action.

My other boys are not so much into watching. But Andre and I love it.It is fun to watch. I wish I knew the rules better.


Then- since we drove right passed it to get home from the game, we stopped by Lagoon again.  Sky ride!
 

 Rattlesnake Rapids was a favorite this day. The boys went on it 5 times in a row at the end. Then they froze on the way home. I was the designated phone holder so I didn't get wet.
 


THEN... It was finally Easter. I love that I am in the ward choir. We got to sing during the whole sacrament meeting. It was nice. Alex was in a small childrens group that sang with us. He had a lot of fun with that.

Here are my cute boys for Easter. I took a bunch of these pictures of them. This was the first one and the only one that people's eyes were slightly open. I put the sun behind them- but I guess it was still too bright.

We had fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house looking for Easter eggs.




 We always have a lot of fun with my parents- and the kids got more candy!


During the whole week we tried to do our tradition of talking about what Christ did during that day of Holy Week. We don't do a big deal- just tell the stories and put up His pictures as our Easter decorations. We have a hard time and as usual we skip a few days and make up for them later. Chase has been really impressed this year and it seems like he is hearing the stories for the first time.


And by the end of the week I was exhausted. I was ready for school to start so I could do nothing. And by "nothing" I mean, I did the dishes and laundry, and got rid of the piles of projects that got started and not finished during the week. I still drove car pool, made lunches, did errands, got Chase's friend here and back, helped with homework, went to soccer practice, made dinner, had FHE and lots of little stuff. But I feel rested because I had a few hours by myself. I did not go grocery shopping or clean the floors even though it is pretty desperate.  I still have a lot to do to get everything back to normal around here. This week is Alex's birthday week so I have a lot to do to get everything ready for his party.I have been told there is no rest for the wicked.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a fun Easter week! Wish we could have celebrated it with you! I love that your kids love to read so much! :) and I love that you do put a religious focus on Easter as well!