Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Let there be light

Our house was built in 1996. The lighting in it was very 1996. For my birthday/mothers day, we got some new lights for our house! 

I am really not good at "before" pictures. This was our entry chandelier. This was taken right before Andre pulled it down. It is blurry but I can't take another picture because it is gone. You get the idea- brass, 1990's style, old. 

So, here is Andre working on the new chandelier.



Ta da!
I am a little bit worried about the height if my brothers come to visit us. It is about 8 inches taller than me, but it is not that high.  I am also worried about it when my boys grow a lot more. I guess what I am saying is that we will be moving it up at some point.

Ok, 4 years ago I took some before pictures of my mud room. It's a mess- please deal with it. But it kind of has a picture of the old lighting. You can only see the corner of the light. But this is the only picture that I can find.  It was a huge box for fluorescent lights.
Here is the new light fixture! It is awesome. Jaxon was up there helping. You can see the rectangle of old grey paint. We have to get some more of this paint so we can match the rest of the ceiling.

Here is the finished light. It looks like a space ship. 
I like it because it keeps the whole room really bright.

Here is the living room fan. It is really really 90's. 


Yea! looks so much better!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! I love all the lights!

Jill said...

Wow! I love it! What a great idea for mothers day. Light is very important!