Saturday, May 16, 2015

I told you I was Random

I am still a Webelos scout leader. I am still liking it. I know, it is weird but these boys are so good and cute and sweet (in their mini manly ways).  I don't even have a son in the den currently and it is still fun! We have been doing camping things lately so we have had a lot of roasted marshmallows and building actual fires. 


Back in February or March, the boys had to go to a museum for one of their badges. I had everything lined up and we were totally ready. I had gone the year before and it was a cool museum. 5 minutes before the boys were due to come I went to get the address for the museum just in case I needed it. While I was on the website I noticed that it closed at 5:00. It was 4:25 right then and it would take us 20 minutes to get there.
I had a mini freak out and quickly looked up pricing for the aquarium near my house. Yea- $17 dollars for each person. That was not going to happen. So I called the museum to double check the time and just check if maybe they would keep it open just for us. They would not. I told her my dilemma and she suggested that we go to Cabellas. These are pictures of the boys seeing the "museum" in Cabellas.

It turned out great. The boys had a lot of fun and there are tons of animals in that store. I just had to put that story in because I am such a scatterbrain. That is a nice word for what I am. I really thought I had everything under control. I had permission slips, transportation, extra leader, everything. We had gone the year before and I was relying on my memory. Well, my memory did not remind me that we had to go on a Friday last year because they close so freaking early. Most things in my life end up that way. I try really hard and it doesn't work out. It is a good thing prayer works. Because I really need it a lot of times.


I know, my car is dusty. I swear I dust it all the time. But look at the milage. 111111. How cool is that. I looked down randomly and saw it. I freaked and took a quick picture.


Alex and Chase went to one of Tanners lacrosse games. After a while they got bored so I gave them my camera and told them to take a picture of something of every color. I thought I would get a yellow slide at the playground or the red fence surrounding the park. Alex had a completely different take on it. Close-ups. These are some of their pictures. I thought they were cool.


This wasn't a color, but it is my favorite picture. I love how the seeds are in focus in the middle. It is just cool to me.


I took a bunch of pictures of the flowers in the desert, but never put them on here. The desert is beautiful.




Grandma and Grandpa came to visit and brought donuts!
We built a fire and listened to cool stories of their childhood. They are cool people.

Grandpa did some crazy stuff like jumping on and off trains that went through their town. The trains took them to the wetlands nearby. They gathered mockingbird eggs and turned them in for 1 cent per egg. Then the would go to a movie and get a soda and candy for 10 cents. 10 cents for a movie, soda and candy. Amazing.
He and his buddies would get their rifles and stand near the road and hitch-hike. Every time, someone would actually pick them up! Then they would shoot jack rabbits and then hitch-hike back home. What a different life we live now.Would you pick up a bunch of hitch-hiking teenagers holding rifles?

I am still teaching Madeline on Sundays. Our lesson was on the building of Nauvoo. I took Lincoln logs and she built this cabin. She was proud of it.
We had a snowball fight. Well, my dad and younger boys did.






Funny boys.

No comments: