My parents moved into this house in October 1975. I was 2 years old.
Almost 40 years later they are saying goodbye to this house.
I've done previous posts about this move so I will just start from now. This is the living room full of boxes. This is mostly a place for me to post pictures for my family who do not live here to see pictures. If you are not family- you will not care. But feel free to look.
This is the garage full of boxes.
Then the movers came. They moved everything.
(which is a good thing because that is what their job is.)
(which is a good thing because that is what their job is.)
Everything is empty.
It makes me really really sad if I think about this too much.
So I won't think about it. I will move on to the new house!
Empty except for a few things that Mom and Dad brought over earlier in the day.
Living room
Kitchen
Kitchen closer up
Dining room
Living room looking up to the loft.
And then they moved in. It was an exhausting day. And not many pictures were taken.
Here you can see Mom unpacking the coolers into the fridge.
They bought a new bed and nightstands.
Here it is all made and ready for them to crash into after working all day.
It is 2.1 miles from our driveway to theirs.
We timed it. It takes just under 5 minutes for us to drive to their house.
So wonderful!
4 comments:
"It makes me really sad to think about this, so I'll move on to the new house." My sentiments exactly. Thank you so much for being there to help. I wish I could have been there with you. Thank you also for posting so much about it all. Love you.
Thanks for documenting this
Looks like way too much work! Thanks for helping so much and I'm so sad that we couldn't bring my little army up to help.
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that not too many pictures were taken of the empty house! But Im glad some were! I just can't believe it! Like everyone else has said- thank you so much for being there. I cant wait to see it all put together!
Post a Comment