Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Discovery Kingdom.

In Vallejo there is a great amusement park. It has so many fun things to do. 
It is like Disneyland meets Sea World meets a zoo. Awesome rides and great animal shows. We found out about it because it is part of our discount passes for things in and near San Francisco. The kids loved it.

Dolphin shows

Butterfly house
There were butterflies everywhere but they were impossible to photograph. If you look closely, you will see one above Tanner's head.

Tiger shows
There was also a zoo area with giraffes, elephants and other animals. Plus an ocean area with a walrus show and animals to touch and a shark aquarium and other cool stuff.

But they also had... lots of cool rides. These were big roller coasters. I went on four right in a row and then had to stop. I was going to throw up. The rides I went on were really spin-y. I was glad there were animals to go look at.

The green and purple one was called Medusa and it was the favorite.

The circle one above Alex's head was called Dare Devil. It takes you in a circle over and over and over. You are upside down a lot. This was one I should have passed on. But the kids liked it.

This is Cobra.

And it had one of the water rides that we love so much. I forget what this one was called. The boys loved it. Did I mention that it was great weather while we were there? It was about 70 degrees maybe 75. It got hot but not too hot.
And then you can watch another dolphin show to rest your aching feet. I love dolphins.
I love Andre too.



And there was a whole Looney Tunes area for the kids. Chase is still young enough to like it.


We really liked Discovery Kingdom. It was fun.

The next day we were supposed to go to Great America amusement park. But this was a giant fail on the planning of this trip. We did not check if the park was going to be open on the specific day we chose. Some huge company bought the whole park and it was closed to the public. Just on the one day that we planned.  We were not allowed in. It was on the web site but somehow we missed it. so- we started San Francisco early. It was just a 3 hour waste of our time to drive there.

Next stop- San Fran!

No comments: