We had a lot of fun things to do in northern California. But we had to get there first. There is this thing in the way of us getting to California more often. It is called Nevada. It is very big. It takes a really long time to get to California from here.
What would we do without i-pods?
Andre and I enjoyed the scenery. Or something.
There is a lot of nothing in Nevada. But look! something pretty!
At one of our stops in some small city in Nevada the boys found these Coke bottles. Are you serious? Both of our names. On the same shelf. Our unusual names and they were spelled the correct way. In the middle of nowhere Nevada. Weird.
We stayed in Reno. About 6 months ago Jaxon had heard about a restaurant in Nevada called Hash House. He would not stop talking about it. So we found out that there was one in Reno. We had to go. The serving sizes were enormous. Enormous.
These are the "kids meals".
Jaxon and Tanner did not get the kids meals. Jaxon got potato stuffed double bacon burger. And Tanner got chicken and waffles. It came with 2 chicken breasts and at least 4 bacon filled waffles. Andre had a hash. It was large too. I got a salad so I could help people finish their food. They ate most of it. I had a huge salad. It was probably an entire head of lettuce.
After that we went swimming. This was the nicest hotel we stayed in. It was also the cheapest. Go figure.
I have to tell you that when I was around 14 years old, our family went on a northern California trip. I loved it. This trip was kind of re-enacting it. When I was 14 we stopped at Sutter's Mill and learned about the gold discovery. So on our trip we stopped there too.
This is a replication of the original mill.
The place that the mill actually was.
There was a museum
The "Mormon cabin"
Looking at pieces of the original mill.
Then we got to our hotel in Vallejo, California, had yummy pizza, and drove around to see the bay and stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment