Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Birthdays, canoes, and sand hills

All of a sudden Andre had a birthday!
We are on vacation a lot on his birthday because that is the timing that works for leaving his work. We left our Sunset Bay camp and went to find ice cream! (cause that is Andre's favorite food)  We went to Dairy Queen and had Blizzards!

Then we drove north- near Florence, Oregon. This time we camped near a lake. They had a lot of things you could rent. We got 2 canoes and explored the lake.
On the way there, we talked about maybe being able to rent things. I said that I didn't care about being in a canoe- that I would let the kids have more turns.  
Chase said, "Mom, sometimes you just have to brave it up and do it!"

So I did it! We ended up getting 2 canoes, so it fit our family without me sitting out.
I chose the wrong boat because the person who shall not be named (behind me in the canoe) was really trying to get us to crash into things.


Then we went to our campsite and set up tents. This was Jessie Honeyman state park.

Later we went back to the lake and played in the giant sand dune that went into the lake.

There was a lot of running down the hills.

This is cute- Chase running to Andre...
then swinging around.

These guys scooted themselves all the way down.

This is Chase running to me for a hug...
This was as close of a picture I could get, then we hugged.

This is Chase doing summer saults all the way down the hill....

The biggest thing they loved was to run down the hill and then jump to see how far they could go- or to see how close they could get to the lake without going in. (we did have a bent-backwards knee with Alex, but the pain only lasted a little while.)

The boys!

Andre's Birthday dinner. We had sea food! It was yummy!



This was the wettest it was our whole trip. It was mostly just mist and fog. When we were back at our campsite, it was not as foggy.
This was our best campsite. It was huge and super forresty.
And now, Andre is old too.

No comments: