Near Sunset Bay, there were a few places to go.
There were gardens. It was nice to walk around and see cool things.
This is a monkey puzzle tree. I had never seen one before.
There were newts in this pond.
Then we went to Cape Arago. A short hike down and we got to see the ocean.
There were really cool tide pools here.
This was the first time they saw purple sea urchins. They dig themselves little caves in the rock. So the rocks look really cool.
On the way back, there was on overlook that had volunteers with telescopes, so we could see sea lions and seals. While we were there, the kids were so excited to see a bald eagle!
The sea lions were at the island out there, which is why telescopes were needed.
That afternoon, we hung out at the beach again.
Jaxon read about 5 books in 5 days.
Another Bartlome favorite beach activity- making a river to the ocean. It didn't really work this time. The water just sunk into the sand.
Our campsite. This was a campsite that we didn't really like. (Right next to the fish cleaning station, and no separation from the next site over, and pretty small.)
This is our van. We went more than 2700 on this trip. We have had this car for more than 10 years and has taken us on lots of trips.
That night we went on the sunset hike again. Alex and I went this time.
You can see all the holes in the rocks. We decided that sea urchins must have made these at some point.
I made it half way, there was a large rock wall that had to be climbed and I decided to enjoy some tide pools instead.
See the "trail".
I got this cool picture though.

































No comments:
Post a Comment