Sunday, October 26, 2014

fall part 2

The boys had another day off of school and this is supposed to be the last warm weekend of the year.

 So.... we left the house.  75 degrees! heaven!

We went to the canyon near the Draper Temple and hiked around.

We had been here before and liked this area. There is a sign that says it is a Silica pit
The kids like to "Mine" and climb
The dirt and rocks are super soft.
There were tons of ladybugs.



I took this picture of the ladybug on Jaxon's back - but right when I snapped the picture, the bug flew away. Zoom in. It has it's shell open and wings out. It's cool. It kind of looks like a bee.

Don't let this deceive you, None of the kids wanted me to take pictures. But they are nice.
Fall!

Carving pumpkins!




Saturday we had to get out of the house again. Early in the morning we went to little cottonwood canyon. We stopped at a random place and crossed the creek.
we found this pipe and walked on it for a while.
Took some pictures of cute kids.

Then they played down in the creek bed again. I was afraid that if I went down there, I would not be getting out again. Our boys are mountain goats.

They played for a long time.  They were building dams between the boulders.

They tried to push this boulder. They could not move that smaller boulder in between  the two.
It was very pretty .
cute boys.


walking back on the pipe.
(I am not coordinated enough to walk on the pipe. I walked next to the pipe on the trail)

Then we went to my parents house. 

Remember when we played croquet back there? They have a lot of their yard trash on their side yard. And since then it grew. There was a lot of stuff back there. They have a huge yard with lots of stuff that grows and then dies.
Their city lets them put all their trash at the curb and they (the city) comes and picks it up! 
I wish we had that.


So we took all their stuff out to their curb. It is all clean!
And... we saw a rat or other large rodent type thing that was living in the piles. Good thing we cleaned it up.

Then... we had a lacrosse game last one of the season. (Tanner 29)
Tanner was really aggressive and right in all the action. Fun times!


Then... we had Stake conference. Alex and Andre sang for it. Alex was so excited because he LOVES to sing. We have got to get him in a singing group. He loves it so much.

Then we had Sunday afternoon /evening to fill...

 Our trampoline is really broken (see all the springs missing?) and no one uses the swing set anymore. So we started taking them down. That was a fun activity for the kids.

Chase got really excited about puzzles today. (yes- the child who has no attention span- suddenly has one) Turns out, he is really good at puzzles. (all the kids are)

 Chase did most of them, but the other kids got interested and did some. 
Our table is infested with puzzles.


Chase lost his tooth last night while we were at the adult meeting of stake conference.  He was so excited that the tooth fairy came! (Have I mentioned that our tooth fairy has a "nook" that the kids put their tooth- not under their pillow- much easier for tooth fairies)


Tanner did his pumpkin. He was at a friend's house earlier.  I'll have to get a picture of the actual carving. It is pretty cool with a haunted house. 
Jaxon still needs to do something with his. We will see if he does.
Happy Fall! 

Hopefully we still get some fall weather. Hopefully it does not snow for a long time. I like cold autumn days but I am not looking forward to snow.

No comments: