That first few months of having a baby is a huge adjustment because they are always with you, on you, near you, you have to plan where they are in relation to you, you are hurrying to do something until they are near you again, they are always on your mind. So that statement meant something to me then and I have thought about it from time to time. I always liked to put the emphasis on "buddy".
Well, then I got another buddy, and then 2 more buddies after that- still keeping the original buddies of course. My life, and Andre's life is all about them. Yes we take time for ourselves and for each other, but we enjoy being with our kids, providing for them, helping them improve. We love them and want the best for them (just like most parents right?)
Well, I am out of the baby stage, out of the toddler stage (thank goodness), and out of the preschool stage once and for all.
After 13 years 363 days, I don't have a buddy with me at all times. These four guys are all at school today. 8 o'clock until 3 o'clock, 5 days a week. At the same school even.
I had them all get their school clothes out last night from the depths of their closets. They each chose a different color- what are the odds. Didn't notice it until I put this picture on the blog. (you would be amazed at how often they are all wearing the same color)
I have done nothing for the last 2 hours. I sat on the couch and watched tv. I have not watched anything I wanted to watch all summer. Summer was awesome! It was busy, crazy fun, and exhausting.
So here are pictures of my buddies on their first day of school.
Third grade
sixth grade
ninth grade
first grade!
can you smile a little bigger?
how 'bout a little bigger?
I have been looking forward to this day for a longtime. I am ready to focus a little bit on myself. I am ready to organize myself and try not to always be one step behind. I want to be prepared. I will also clean my house a little bit. I don't want to but it is needed and I want to get rid of the junk that accumulates.
The end of an era. I am stoked! And I am a little bit sad. (which surprises me a lot.)
And a side note: 11 years exactly today my second buddy was born. And he is a great buddy. What a way to celebrate his birthday huh?
1 comment:
Yay!! A big milestone for you and the kids. Congratulations on not just surviving, but excelling at being the being a great mom buddy for all your boys! Every stage of childhood has its good points, but IMHO these school years are the best! Enjoy!!
Post a Comment