Even though I wish we did a lot more. We had fun with the ones we did do. So here are some pictures of some things we did.
Tissue Paper bowls.
using flour and water for glue.
We had to wait for 8 hours for them to dry. It was torture!
Lid guys.
We saved all of our lids for a long time. Then we made faces on them. The kids had so much fun playing with them afterwards too.
I liked their creativity
Gook- you know the one with glue and borax.
It turned out really cool.
Stained glass
I taped contact paper up on the window
Then I had all these cubes of tissue paper (that I've had since Tanner was in 2nd grade). Then all the kids had to do was stick them on the contact paper. It was fun.
Tanner had the idea to make an actual picture.
It's been decorating my living room all summer.
This was a scout thing but all my kids enjoyed it too. Mentos and diet coke. Actually this was an experiment to see if it worked the same for all kinds of cola. Science experiments are crafts too right?
It turns out that diet coke was the best in our highly scientific testing.
Jaxon has kind of decided that crafts are not for him anymore. It makes me sad because he is so creative. But he was busy too. He got lots of his merit badges done. He has all of his required badges done for his eagle. Now if he wants to do a badge- he can but it won't be required. All he has left is his project. But I am not in any rush to get it done. That can be next summer.
Anyway... This is Jaxon working on his cooking badge. He made an apple pie. Along with breakfast lunch and dinner for us in a day. He also planned and shopped for that food (he should have had to buy it!) He did a great job and we ate really well that day.
The pie cooked until 11:00 that night so we ate it the next day.
The finished product! It was good!
No comments:
Post a Comment