Sunday, August 17, 2014

St. George

Remember back when we went to Bear lake to see all the Bartlome family but most of the family was not there? Well, we made a quick trip to St. George this weekend to see Andre's dad.

He had open heart surgery last week! He was doing great. He had to get up and walk around once and hour. So these pictures are of him doing that. He had to hug that pillow so he would not use his arms.


The kids played with legos while we visited one of the days. We were trying notto wear them out so we only stayed a short time on friday.


We went out to dinner with Marci and her kids. We did Jaxon's birthday dinner. So we ate Japanese food- Hibachi style. The kids loved it. Chase was very animated.
The fire was fun.

The birthday boys!


Then we went swimming at the hotel. Keanan is so adorable.
Kyia kept them entertained with all of her backflips and craziness
I should have zoomed in to this picture. Oh well.
Chase and Keanan. Chase was the youngest grandkid until Keanan stole his spot! But he is cute- we'll keep him.

I went over to visit with carol and gordan while Andre hung out with Marci's family again. She took them to a secluded spot that she knows of that they caught little fish and crawdads and stuff. They had a blast.




I'm glad we got to hang out with these guys because we only see them about once a year. Hopefully we'll see them more!

Then I took the boys swimming while Andre hung out with his parents. I didn't take pictures of that. Because, you know- I was swimming. It was a nice visit. I got to see their pictures of their trip to Europe and I showed them my blog because it kind of shows what we have been up to this summer. Andre got to hear all about that stuff too. We were trying to split up so the kids did not overwhelm Gordan. But then we just made them tell us everything twice! 



It is a long drive home.
 Good thing we had the Lego movie to watch on the way down AND the way home.
There is a lot of nothing between here and there.
But it is pretty.

No comments: