Lagoon- It's what fun is.
Christmas time we got Lagoon passes for the whole summer. It was one of their big presents but it was a tiny card and they could not use it for months. Well, we have used it a lot this summer. We went 14-15 times since it opened in March and we will probably go at least once during Frightmares. (when it is decorated for Halloween). The first day we walked in to Lagoon The kids asked for everything. They wanted drinks and meals, and games and prizes, and everything. We made a deal that we would do each thing once- and I would not be spending my money on those carnival games so that was up to them.
We did all of those things that we said we would do- We went on every ride. We saw every show, we had a lot of fun. We also got tired of Lagoon. Who woulda thought?
We went with Andre a lot more than I thought we would. But I loved being with my kids. I also love the sky ride. I don't go on many of the rides anymore. But I do love the sky ride.
I spent a lot of times reminiscing about hanging out at Lagoon as a kid.
But most of my memories of Lagoon are with my high school friend Carie. We had a lot of fun there. Did we go there a lot together or am I just imagining it?
The Rocket! This is one of Alex's favorites.
Tidal Wave! Can I get a Wahoo!
Yep, they all spent way too much money on dumb games- its a rite of childhood isn't it? (But Jaxon didn't , he is saving for something big and didn't want to waste his money. That deserves a Wahoo! for sure)
The swings!
Flying Aces. This is still one of the little known, but best rides there. The one in the background- Jet Star 2- Loved it as a teen. Went on it millions of times. I hate it now. It is terrible.
The Samurai. This is the scariest rides in the park. My oldest 3 loved it and went on it a lot.
Guess what? My baby- who only went on the baby rides our first day there- went on Samurai on our last day there!
He got on all the rides at lagoon. Fabulous!
Classic- Bumper cars
We went to Lagoon-a-Beach 4 or 5 times and I have horrible pictures of it.
That's because I was always swimming.
It was alright. But in my opinion it needs a major overhaul. It is old now.
But it was fun and different to go to.
The fountain was also a way to cool down when it was really hot.
Air Race- this was fun and if you went first thing the line wasn't too long!
The favorite! Rattle Snake rapids! I should mention that Joey also go a pass and went with us a bunch! Sorry I don't have any better pictures of her than this!
The kids would go on this over and over and over. (unless there was a line and then they only went once)Here are 2 of the kids soaked after just one time through.
One day we hit those rides that we never went on. The tea cups were one of those.
Apparently Jaxon was really scared or had indigestion?
The Bat
Oddysea
Wildmouse- updated from when I went as a teen.
A couple times we ran into our friends- that was fun!
Fun friends! (But Chase needs to learn that he should look AT me)
Running into friends leads to great photo opportunities.
This child of mine is looking all grown-up like.
Friends at Lagoon. Ah....
We also went one night so we could see the lights and enjoy Lagoon in the evening. It was fun minus the giant rain storm that hit us.
I am sure I have a million more pictures that I could share- but I think that is enough.
Don't have any pictures of Wicked or Spider- My kids other favorites. But just know that they are awesome too.
I love Lagoon!
But I am not getting passes again for years. That was enough for a while.
2 comments:
Aw Lagoon! I read your post and started reminiscing of going to Lagoon with you before you even mentioned it. I think we went there a lot. Fun times!
I LOVED Jet Star 2! And didn't they tear down Wild Mouse after someone died on it? Interesting that they rebuilt it. Is Colossus still there? That was the "big, scary" ride back in the day.
That was fun to see some of those old rides again! And some of the new ones too. I love(d) Lagoon!!
Looks like you got your money's worth from Lagoon this year! Just more proof that you are an amazing mom!
Post a Comment