Thursday, August 19, 2010

10 Years Old

I have a 10 year old son. Technically, his birthday is on Sunday, but he had his party already, so I am counting it. 10 years old! That is so amazing. That is a decade. He has 2 numbers in his age now. Well, August has turned out to be really busy. We looked at the calender and decided that his party either had to be the week before his birthday or the week after his birthday. You can guess what he choose right? Well, that day just happened to fall on Friday the 13th! We decided to go with that theme and have a Good Luck party. We did a lot of lucky things that I took no pictures of. We flipped coins to see who could guess the most right. We hunted for good luck pennies in the back yard, we got rabbits feet and opened fortune cookies. But I got no pictures of any of those. I got a ton of other pictures though...

Pizza and cake,

Water balloon toss
.

Tossing and catching balloons with towels.
Awesome closeup! It landed on his shoulder but didn't break!
Relay of breaking a water balloon any way you want without throwing it at someone.
You could do stomach smashing, or you could go with chewing or head smashing, Then we had "pass the sponge" relay. They got a little bit wet.
Throwing balls in targets,


Going back to the lucky theme, we had hunting for 4 leaf clovers. We did find one. In years past we have found a lot more. I think our clover patches are dying.





Of course there were the water fights.


It was fun.

Presents


Then we had ping pong and movie watching in the basement.


I have told Jaxon that this is his last big party. From now on he can just invite a few friends over or go do something with them. So I wanted this to be really fun. It was for me! 10 year olds are a lot easier to have a party for then say, 4 year olds. They can entertain themselves!
Happy Birthday Jaxon!

3 comments:

Carie said...

Happy Birthday Jaxon! Anna is looking forward to double digits too. Looks like a fun party. You're such a fun mom!

Chelita said...

It is a lot more "convenient" when they are older its true. Looks like fun and I loved how everyone got soaked! Thats awesome! :)

Cathryn said...

Happy Birthday Jaxon! Can't believe he is 10 already!! Looks like a good wet time for all!! Do I see girls at that party???