Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lagoon

My kids love Lagoon. They look forward to going all year. Here are a few pictures showing the fun we had. Ok, this ride below is one that I had never heard of. It is called Cliffhanger. You get soaked on this ride. It flips you upside down and backwards and then shoots a water fountain in your face. It was fun, but then we were soaked the rest of the day.
-
This may be the first time in 10 years I have gone on the rides at Lagoon. I took Jax and T when they were little but I didn't get on the rides. Then I stayed home the last 4-5 years with the little boys while other people took the older kids. It was fun to go on all the roller coasters and just enjoy being with Andre, Jaxon and Tanner. This is a ride called Samerai. Look at Tanners face as it starts up. He is not worried is he? Can you blame him? Look at what this ride does! Someone's shoe went flying off and landed on the building next door.This is a picture of one of my favorite rides as a kid. Jet Star II. I loved it this year too. In fact most of the pictures we have are the rides that I did not go on. I did not go on any ride that spins you around and around. I don't have the stomach for those. But I went on all the roller coasters. They have some new awesome ones that scared my pants off. I didn't realize that I was a screamer until "Wicked".We love Lagoon.
Funny story. The Collasus is a roller coaster that has a double loop in it. Jaxon and I went on it. While in line he talked about how if you spit while you are at the top of the loop, it will land on you when you reach the bottom. Being the mean mom that I am, I told him he was not allowed to spit on any roller coaster. So, while we were in the loop I looked over at him and saw him spit. Of course it didn't go anywhere but all over his own face! I laughed and laughed the rest of the ride. What a kooky kid.
-

So now you think that we are lame for not taking our little boys to Lagoon. Well, I just knew that they would get exhaused after a couple of hours. So I made different plans. I asked my mom and sister if they could watch the boys and take them to a place nearby called Jungle Jims. This is an indoor place that has several rides that are perfect for 2-5 year olds. So the boys got to go to what they called "little kid lagoon" and we were all happy. They went for a couple of hours and were exhausted. So they left and took a nap. It worked out perfectly for everyone. Thanks mom and Joey!










4 comments:

Chelita said...

I am so glad that you got to go this year. I absolutely LOVE the Samari. It scares me so much but I cant get enough of it. And Wicked- dont even get me started. i honestly thought that my life was over when that started! I think that the last time I went on it was with Jaxon and Andre and we were all left feeling a little different after that. PS- that cracks me up that Jaxon spit on his own face! HAHA! hilarious!

G'ma Y said...

So much fun to end the summer and start another year of school. The little boys loved the rides and it sure looks like the big boys had a blast. Even if Jaxon spit in his own face!

Carie said...

I love Jet Star 2!!! I think I went on it with you over and over again when we went to Lagoon looooong ago. (Holy cow that brings back memories of those creepy guys. Remember them?!) I'm totally laughing about Jaxon spitting in his face! What a fun way to spend time with your big boys.

Joey said...

It was so fun to take the little ones to "little kid Lagoon" Mom and I had a ton of fun.