Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It is August 24th

This spring we dumped the old, moldy, leaf infested, sand out of our sandbox. We used it in our garden path. That was fine, I was just going to go out and buy some more. Sand is Alex favorite thing. It really entertains him for hours. So it is a must have for the summer.
-
So... life happened and I didn't get sand purchased and brought home until today, August 24th! We missed 3 prime sand box months. Oh well, we still have one and a half months if the weather holds.


Alex and Chase were in heaven! Yes I know my sand box is supposed to be a swimming pool. The kids were in the box throwing sand before I could finish hauling the sand around the house and dumping it in. They were really heavy bags of sand by the way. I was hot when I was done.

Because I was hot, I decided that the boys were hot. It is August you know. I didn't want to deal with sun burns. I wanted them to play as long as possible so I did something that I have been thinking about for years.
-
I made shade!
It is very lame and it is not a permanent solution. But it worked for today (and hopefully this week).



I wanted them to stay in the sandbox a long time so I could get something done, but it took me forever to put the shade up, So they were about done when I was done.

Also, my square knot tying skills that I have learned as a Webelos leader came in handy today!

Just thought I'd share.

6 comments:

Chelita said...

nice work! I am very impressed with the shade idea. Just think-tomorrow its already up and THEN you can get your stuff done! :)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Awesome! My boys would just love me if I did something that cool.

Joey said...

You are such a good mom! Looks like your boys are having so much fun. BTW I can't imagine carrying those bags of sand ( I've carried those before and they are killer) on a super hot day like today. I hope you got a slurpee or something!

RaNae said...

Way to go!! I am so proud of you & impressed, I might add.

Carie said...

My kids would love for you to be their mom. I hate sand (so of course that means they love it.) We don't have sand here. (meaning in our yard - not meaning "we don't have sand in ks". lol) You're such a nice mom to let them play in the sand. And even nicer to carry it for them in the heat!

Layne Bushell said...

You could have also used the half hitch...that's a cool knot to use on your shade! And, great idea by the way!