For example, Andre and I are watching the Tv show "24" season 2. This takes over our entire evening. Every evening. As soon as Jaxon goes to bed we rush and turn on the next episode. This would be why the after dinner dishes are not done until after breakfastthe next day. I don't understand how we can have an entire sink full of dishes after the kids go to bed when the dishes are done after dinner. The house is a disaster because we are not doing our normal "walk around and put stuff away" thing that we do every night. And the most tragic, blogging has not been getting done. But this is a bonding thing for Andre and I, and it is fun. Has anyone ever watched 24? It is totally stressful! Plus I can't sleep after watching them. I am too tense so I have to stay up for a while and calm my brain. This just makes me tired the next day.
I also can not start a book and read just a chapter. If I start a book. I have to drop everything and finish it. Right then. 5 or 6 hours later I could be reading and still not have gotten anything done. This is not great when you are supposed to take care of your kids, or clean your bathrooms. I guess that is why TV was invented right? It babysits the kids for me while I read. I have read all sorts of good books this summer. I can't remember all of them but some are: "Sarah", "Rebekah", "Rachel & Leah" all by Orson Scott Card. I loved getting a feel for what the old testiment world was like. I have also read the "Lightening Thief" books with Jaxon, I also read "Standing in Holy Places" series (4 out of 5 books). It is about what might happen in the last days. It is fun to read scriptural based fiction. It is fun to see what might happen. I don't haveto believe it all. But they do remind me of a lot of thngs that i should know but I forgot. I also read "Hunger Games" and the second book of that series (title is gone from my brain). These I read until the wee hours of the mornin. The problem with this is that I don't get to sleep the next day and I don't have a lot of patience with the kids on no sleep.
But then you have things that take over your life and they are for the kids. Great for them, you want them to do it. But then your whole day (or in this case your whole 2 weeks) is taken over. Every year this is the case for swimming lessons. They are only one hour long, but with getting ready for them and driving to and from, it takes all afternoon. They got over at 5:00 and then with trying tofind shoes and towels and waiting in line to get otterpops, then driving in rush hour traffic, w were not home until 5:30. Of course I never had dinner started even though w usually eat at 5:30 so then I had to figure out what toeat with all the kids yelling at me that they are starving and want a snack. So while I love my kids to be in swimming lessons, it just creates chaos and takes over my life.
But look at these faces. It's worth it right?
3 comments:
I think we are related. 24 is like visual heroin. I would find myself at 1 am saying "I can watch another episode"
Thx for the tips on the Orson Scott Card books. I'm trying to read "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant. It is NOT based on the KJV & I'm having a hard time with it.
Swimming lessons, mmm, ya. With 4 boys, you're going to be going every which way as they get older.
And as for "24," I won't watch it, but Don & Don-Mike do.
"24". Where do I even begin? I love it. I hate it. I will not watch it when my kids are awake because I will turn on them in my anxiety while watching and flip on them. I love Jack. But I hate, HATE torture. They needed to lay all that torture porn to rest.
Also, same problem over here with books-- started "Poison Study" and "Magic Study". Let's just say I had to finish the 1st one 'cause I couldn't stand it. Let's just say I took a shower at 1:30 pm.
Also sorry it took me so long to repost that. I have no brain this week.
Post a Comment